On this page you can find the installation instruction to help you with the installation of your carpet tile floor. Extended installation instructions can be downloaded here.
Carpet tile installation step by step
- Flat and dry floor surface, we advise you to let the floor acclimate (especially in winter) to room temperature
- Decide on the installation direction for the carpet tiles, for example alternating or a brick pattern. On the Interface website you can find more information about the advised installation pattern per type of carpet tile. The carpet tile type can be found on the tile or on the box.
- To determine the right size of the edge tiles you can place the carpet tile upside down on top of the adjacent tile and against the plinth. This technique makes it easier to make precise cuts.
- Use a sharp utility knife to slice through the backing of the top carpet tile. This allows you to break the carpet tile with precision. Now you only have to cut through the connecting piles and the carpet tile is ready for installation.
- Once the edge carpet tile is cut into the right shape, turn it around and place it in position.
If you have any questions regarding this guide, please contact us.
Carpet tile effects
Most carpet tiles can be installed in various patterns. These patterns are shown below. The arrows on the back of the carpet tile indicate the direction. You can choose your desired pattern. However on each box you can find the advised installation pattern which will ensure the best result.
With a random direction carpet tile installation it does not matter which side the arrows on the back of the tile point. The carpet tiles form their own pattern. The advantage of this method is that there is minimal cutting loss.
With this method the carpet tiles need to be installed with the arrows alternating. This method creates a chessboard effect.
For this installation method the carpet tiles need to be installed with all the arrows pointing the same way. If the carpet tiles are suitable for this installation method no seems will be visible, which creates a room wide carpet effect.
For the Brick installation the arrows should all point in the same direction with the tile bond displaced by half a tile in the width direction.
For the Ashlar installation the arrows should all point in the same direction with the tile bond displaced by half a tile in the length direction.